Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Importance of Being Earnest

I am not going to write a super long review for this book, simply because it is a play that I had to read for AP Language, but I still believe that it deserves some recognition. So let me sum it up in one word: funny. I was expecting absolutely nothing good from this book, just because the author, Oscar Wilde, seemed like kind of a jerk from what we watched about him on TV, but it was surprisingly clever and funny. I'm not going to say much about the plot, because it is a 30 page book and therefore something you could quickly read while eating your cereal in the morning, plus the plot is confusing to explain, and would either make your heads spin, or give away too much of the story. However, it is deserving of 4/5 stars (one taken away because Wilde is a jerk.) I am also not going to do any adventure-ing for this book either, because I believe that reading the play in a bad English accent, watching the movie on Oscar Wilde, watching the Colin Firth-ed movie on this play, and writing an essay that is almost as long as the book, counts for more than enough adventure-ing. So cheerio and Firth on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment