Saturday, February 25, 2012

Explosion

So I have decided to just have an explosion of book reviews, since I have been reading a lot but am also contained to my home so there is a limited amount of adventure-ing aloud for me. So here it goes...
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian:
Okay, before I get down to it, I'm just going to say that this book is absolutely hilarious. Sure, a few people die, and sure it shows just how much it stinks to live on an Indian reservation. But the protagonist, Junior, takes it all in a comical light. I wasn't expecting much from a young adult book with pictures in it, but this book just shows how stuck up I can be. He was born with "water on the brain," which results in a wide variety of medical issues and the taunts of his fellow Indians. But when he grows tired of life on the rez and decides to go to the white-person school, he still endures taunting. So his life is just going great. It may sound like a weird plot, but author Sherman Alexie brings this all together into a funny and outstanding novel. I'm just gonna take a star away because there are perhaps a few too many inappropriate jokes, which is fine for some, but just not my style. So 4/5 stars and read it peeps.
Just to show what this book is like, I'm going to show a picture from the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment