Saturday, February 25, 2012

YEAH!


Dear People who may not be in the know,
JK Rowling is going to release a new book. In her statement, she said:
“Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world.” 
I find this an extremely bittersweet moment. Rowling is writing another book, but it is not another Potter book... Even if she did write another Potter book, it probably wouldn't be about Harry, which is another depressing factor. His story is done, and while we have no clue what this one will be about, there still isn't that same excitement that the last book brought to us diehard fans. Plus, as I am still underage (no care, and parents who enjoy sleeping at night), I have never had the opportunity to go to a midnight release. While I can still go to the release of this book, I probably will not be able to dress up in my wizard's robes. I feel like, while this is a fresh and exciting moment, it symbolizes that Harry's world is truly and 100%-ly over and done. Something that I have been denying for 5 years. Regardless, let us hope that Ms Rowling's book is released later this year, and it matches the same beauty that the Potter books did.
Potter on,
Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment